Hackney City Farm
Vibrant Hackney has undergone considerable regeneration in recent years and today Hackney property deservedly represents one of Londons brightest hotspots. To the delight of local estate agents Hackney was recently blessed with an underground extension to link more efficiently to the city, although there were always great bus services to nearby tube stations plus twelve over ground train stations. This high speed guide is going to give you just ten starter reasons to think about investing in Hackney property:
1. Hackney is Londons greenest borough, with 62 parks & open spaces and the largest football pitches in Europe at Hackney Marshes.
2. Hackney Marshes will be a site for the 2012 Summer Olympics and the Olympics effect benefits local house pricing.
3. The borough is now positively spoilt for transport links – there are frequent buses, those twelve train stations, an underground line and cycle lanes.
4. Hackney has undergone an incredible regeneration process, most recently with to new builds spring up alongside the arrival of the new tube station.
5. Many Hackney properties are listed buildings, meaning of historic importance, and they often come with original features. Look out for stunning conversions and beautiful Georgian or Victorian terraces.
6. To the joy of local estate agents Hackney is now teeming with highly sought after features such as balconies, open plan designs, brand new kitchens, Victorian garden flats, contemporary design patio gardens and more.
7. There are fantastic local restaurants plus the ever popular Broadway market. Families should be tempted by entertainment at The Hackney Empire, and days out at Hackney City Farm, The Museum of Childhood, the London Fields Lido and several ice rinks.
8. The Department for Children, Schools and Families has recently awarded Hackney council a whopping 170 million to spend on enhancements to local secondary school education.
9. Other local attractions include nearby Spitalfields market, the Rio art cinema, Dalston Kingsland Shopping Mall, the legendary Ridley Road and Columbia Rd Flower markets and the nightlife of Hoxton & Shoreditch to name but a few.
10. Locally youll also find plenty of excellent sports facilities and health clubs plus some very reputable complementary therapy centres.
Like any area of London, local knowledge is of paramount importance. Whilst there is no shortage of estate agents Hackney property can be of variable quality depending on who you team up with. The popularity of the area in some senses certainly doesnt help matters and you do need to be selective in your search. The best policy is to make sure they actually have a local office specialising in the area which has been established for a number of years. You will need their local expertise to advise you on different neighbourhoods, and to ensure that you are seeing the best possible properties within your specifications. There are indeed some local estate agents Hackney has journey right through the regeneration process with and often theyll have those long-standing local connections to be able to only show you the better homes.